Dear Valued Client,
We continually strive to share relevant industry updates with our clients; some updates may or may not always be applicable to you, however they may be helpful for future reference. Recently, Intuit released an update for QuickBooks desktop version upgrades. If you currently use QuickBooks desktop, versions 2014 and prior, this announcement applies to you.
QuickBooks Pro 2014
QuickBooks Premier 2014
QuickBooks Accountant 2014
QuickBooks for Mac 2014
QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions V14
Intuit holds a policy that only allows three years of QuickBooks products to be installed on our servers. As a result of this policy, as of May 31, 2017, our firm will no longer be able to support QuickBooks versions 2014 and prior.
What this entails for the QuickBooks 2014 desktop products (Windows and Mac users):
• Data provided to our firm for tax and or accounting purposes must be in version 2015 or newer.
• Your basic QuickBooks 2014 product will continue to work after this date.
• Any “add-on service” that you are using from Intuit (desktop payroll, online banking, etc.) will no longer be
available unless you upgrade to a newer product.
• Live technical support will no longer be available from Intuit.
• Intuit will not guarantee that you can register products or retrieve key codes.
• Intuit will not provide replacement CDs or manuals.
If you are active on 2014 QuickBooks desktop, and wish to continue receiving support, you can update the file to a newer version of QuickBooks. We recommend converting to the latest version (2017) of QuickBooks desktop and discussing any questions with a QuickBooks desktop sales representative or contact this office.
• Prior to upgrading, make sure to take a backup of your company file.
• Once the new program is installed, open the old backup file with the new program. QuickBooks 2017 will
handle the conversion automatically.
With the Intuit policy change, we encourage users with older QuickBooks desktop software to upgrade so that we may continue to work with your QuickBooks files going forward.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Scott B. Price & Company